Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolutions


It's that time again...time for me to write the same list every pleasantly plump mother with a superhero complex is currently jotting down. Well, not this year. I thought I would shake things up a bit. Instead I am going to approach this whole resolution rally in a new way.

If I were to write my life story right now, what would I want it to say. Who would I want to be? And what would I want to be doing? Would I want the heroine (yours truly) to be more adventurous? Possibly lead a fascinating life in addition to having a crazy family (time for own interests)? Perhaps I'd throw in a dash of more romance (a regular date night). Maybe I'd add a little mystery (other than where is the other sock)? Perchance some fly by the seat of your pants adventures with little people (that don't involve suspicious tonsils & unexpected doctors visit)? Mix in some exotic locations (excluding a public restroom and a 3 yr. old doing the peepee dance) and I think I'm on to something.

My point is, do books ever make it to the top of the New York Times list with it's lead character writing another to do list? Nope. So on January 1st, instead of sporting my rose colored glasses & gym clothes, my resolution is to live 2008 as if it were a best seller. There will be a smokin' leading lady who might learn to speak Spanish & belly dance; a romance with a tall, dark & handsome man; edge of your seat escapades with my favorite offspring; lots of laughter, tears & more laughter (hormones?!); great escapes to faraway places; gatherings with a smattering of colorful characters aka great family & friends; and many unexpected plot twists and turns. Stay tuned my dear readers, things are about to get crazy up in here!

5 comments:

go boo boo said...

I think you've inspired me not to write a list either...I just can't take one more thing yet (I haven't quite Holiday detoxed yet!). Montana looks awesome!

marcie b said...

hell yeah. i knew i liked you miss april, always have. this is marcie bodell busath. just wanted to say hey and agree with your fresh approach to the new year, i think it is a great one. happy 2008 to you!

chipsgirls said...

Carribean here we come!!

Kate said...

You are awesome- I was thinking along some of the same lines.. thanks for the tips and inspiration...

Brooke said...

Who's the tall, dark and handsome man? R could fit the tall handsome, but he's not so dark. Hmmm. I'm going to be thinking about that!