Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Well, I am going to attempt to delve into the world of vampires that has all the mommies sqwaking and the blogs talking. It's this phenomenon called Twilght. I bet you have probably heard about it. I'm a little slow on the uptake. I have been somewhat reluctant to give in. My inner rebel wants me to go against the fang (I mean grain- HA! Freudian slip). I'm not quite sure I have the ability or desire to "fall in love with a vampire". But I was told to look past the nocturnal neck-biting creature and to enjoy the romance in itself. I guess the feeling of love is pretty universal... why not take a chance and sink my teeth into it? (Sorry the puns are just too easy!) Don't worry, I will use a wooden stake as my bookmark.
It's getting late. Time to walk on the darkside. I will now go and attempt to read this with an open mind & closed mouth (garlic breath).
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Well people, I had myself a date Saturday night! Yes siree! I had been fantasizing about it quite a bit lately. Eventhough my husband doesn't read my blog, he finally got the message... "Happy Wife= Happy Life." Translation, R took me out on the town.
Monday, February 11, 2008
TADA! G-bean has broken the world record for wardrobe changes. She now changes her clothes a minimum of 5 times a day. We were hoping to temper that by threatening to make her do her own laundry. Her response was pure panic, horror and then she needed to go change again while she "thought about it". She is obsessed with hair. She wants long hair, because princesses have long hair (along with most of her friends). All of her stick figures have quite the manes. The other day mid-meltdown and out of the blue, she blurted out "I want to marry K. You told me I had to marry a boy- it's K and I love him." AHHHHH! Newsflash, aren't you a little too young to be thinking about this? She is giving us a glimpse of what she will be like as a teenager... borderline SCARY. She actually told R not to "freak out". Another favorite "It's just my problem Dad, I do what I want to do". Other than that, princess underpants reign supreme along with playing with friends, the color pink, band aids, Backyardigans, pigtails, climbing & jumping off of furniture, carrying E (big No-No), and macaroni and cheese. I love that she dons a Sleeping Beauty dress by day and sleeps with a Spiderman light by night. One of my favorite things about G-bean is her passion for fashion and life. She is who she is. She plays hard, loves hard, sleeps hard and starts all over again the next day.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
2. I have self diagnosed seismic sensitivity. I wake up every night convinced we are having an earthquake and curse myself for not being better prepared for a natural disaster.
3. As a result of viewing one too many Lifetime movies (all in the past I assure you), I have security issues. I check under my car and in the backseat. I practice my judo chops and roundhouses religiously. I often wonder "What would Chuck Norris do?" And I lock the door when I go out to get the mail.
4. I am convinced the writer's strike was conspired by some political mastermind. Thus, forcing me to pay more attention the Presidential race and devote less time to my trashy tv shows.
5. I love to people watch. I always wonder where are they from? Where are they going? Was their closet light on when they got dressed? Do they really put on their pants on one leg at a time? I tend to cook up rather extravagent and far fetched bio's for my subjects. For example, crazy cat ladies, karaoke loving accountants, grandma's that love to gamble online. You get the idea. Airports are a perfect setting for this pastime.
6. I like to watch my family sleep, but not in a creepy way. My children look so angelic that I can almost forget the day's events. I give them a million kisses in their sleep. Also, my husband is such a handsome devil, drool and all. I love the sound of his breathing next to me. I sleep horribly when he is out of town.
Now that we've introduced you to some of the skeletons in our closet, I guess we don't need to invite you over for Sunday dinner.