Thursday, August 30, 2007

Welcome Back Fanny Pack


Welcome back old friend... it has been too long. Fashion not function has kept us apart, until now. Yes, my dear accomplice in crime, Joni & I ventured out to Lagoon. No, we weren't going for the sake of our children dragging along our dutiful husbands or attempting to revisit our junior high days in cut-off acid washed jean shorts... we were going for us. One year shy of the big 30 and I have no shame. I love riding roller coasters! There I said it. The cat is out of the bag and this mom got out of the house! Perhaps I enjoy indulging in such risk taking behavior because I can scream at the top of my lungs and it's not directed at my children. Maybe I like the sensation of potentially wetting my pants and throwing up all in the same moment and it's not a wicked pregnancy side effect. No matter the reason, I tapped into my inner teenager with big bangs, braces and buds for breasts. I zipped my identity of wife, mother and public servant into my trusty black leather fanny pack and spent the day kicking it old school. I may not have come home at 1 am with cotton candy in my hair, but for a few hours I was alive!

2 comments:

chipsgirls said...

Well done on the writing. Even Chip was impressed!! This is the best written blog I've read. I'd give you a nobel prize for this entry. What's even better was to witness and share the fanny pack first hand. FYI--Never take a back pack to Lagoon!!!

Elise said...

April!!! I'm so glad to see your beautiful face : ) Looks like things are going well. Keep up the blogging!