Saturday, May 24, 2008

Random Tidbits
















Ever since our little Nancy Reagan launched her "Just Say NO" campaign, things have been a little testy around here. Everything receives one answer. E would you like some juice? NO! E is the world flat? NO!! E do these pants make me look fat? NO!!! Yep, that expanding vocabulary I mentioned is now contracting to a mere 2 letter word. Goodness we are getting creative around here.

I made my first bid on Ebay, which is the closest I'll ever get to online gambling. I lost of course. I knew I should have gone to MIT.

R & I watched Dan in Real Life again. I love that movie. Perhaps because it foreshadows our future with daughters. R is looking forward to being a "murder of love" and greeting boyfriends with a shotgun. I on the other hand, look forward to the organized chaos and endless drama.

G-bean is devastated that school has ended as am I. She is comforting herself with our summer's supply of Popsicles and long rides on her bike. She is all about 'circle toast' (English muffins), character band-aids that cure everything, sporting tank tops & pig tails, decapitating tulips and mothering E. G-bean has been quite confused as of late wondering if no really means no due to E's new one word wonder. Yes G-bean, no means 'don't ask again', maybe means 'drop it' and yes means 'yes & remember how cool I am when you are a teenager'. See clear as mud!

R & I celebrated our 8th anniversary! To quote the infamous Micheal Jackson, "And they said it wouldn't last." It was a glorious occasion. We went out to dinner and grocery shopping. It doesn't get much hotter than that. Ooooh maybe if you threw in a sink full of dishes, poopy diaper change and detailing my car that would really turn up the heat. Now that makes my heart go pitterpatter. You might even consider that foreplay. We have actually been courting one another for the past 15 years. We don't count the spitballs in 3rd grade. So half of my life, I have been with this strange fellow named R. I think he's a keeper.

We have a revolving door at our nudist colony. E has figured out how to take her clothes off at nap time. Now she winds down by stripping and wakes up in the buff. As for G-bean, she has decided that it is now kosher to sleep in pajamas...at age 4.

That's us in a nutshell this week... or shall I say that's us in the nut house this week! I have to go, R just invited me to watch Pride & Prejudice. I think...No, I know it's a trick to get me off the computer...but I'm falling for it. Doogie Howser signing off.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Pride and Prejudice, really? Way to R. He's just become everyone's dream guy! I love your family, what cute pictures. I'm glad to see E following in her big sister's exhibition footsteps. Happy anniversary!!!

Brooke said...

P.S. Thank you for the bowls, they're magnificent!!!

Kristen said...

8 years? i wish i could say it's smooth sailin' from here but reality is...it's not. there are great times and there are not so great times but after this long you start to realize you're in it for the long haul and after two kids it's too late to back out, huh? Just kidding. I was just thinking the other day that men can be really dumb but how would we get along without them? there are days i think we would do just fine!

okay that sounded negative. i should really just delete this all and instead say marriage is a work in progress but a very rewarding one. there. i said it.

Unknown said...

As always, thanks for the laugh at midnight before I hit the hay!

Jack/Gooz said...

Did R finally cut his luscious locks??????

AOKI CIRCUS said...

Love reading your blog! I still think you are the greatest writer. I read blogs rather than the paper in the morning and yours is one of my favs!