Monday, October 20, 2008

The Stork Won't Fly

While driving the other day, G-bean decided to ask R a serious question. "Dad how do babies come out?" she inquired. GULP, nervous chuckle, beads of sweat..."That is a great question for your mother." Not one of R's most shining 'Father knows best' moments. All things girly and messy make him squirm. Good luck R, you've got 2 daughters!

Upon arriving home, they both sat me down and presented me with the loaded question. G-bean seeking an honest answer and R praying for someone else to handle this delicate subject. When I asked her what she thought, she guessed the baby's best exit options were through the mouth or belly button. Here was my chance. My opportunity to open the lines of communication so that my kids would know they could always get a straightforward answer from their parents. HA! I gave her a very honest response (certain details excluded). When finished with what I felt was articulate and appropriate information, G-bean & R looked horrified. I think they liked G-bean's options better. Maybe next time I will stick with the stork.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Good for you! Luckily my kids were older before they began to ask serious questions. Until then, I got away with "from Heavenly Father of course!". Once Zach really got inquisitive his questions did not stop!

nm01 said...

This is hilarious! You must admit- the mouth is a good option.

nm01 said...

that was me by the way- em- not mike. apparently i hacked his account and didn't even know it. now i can't get out- busted....