Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dog Day Afternoon






Recently G-bean and I read the book, Everybody Needs A Rock. If you haven't read it, you must. It gives 10 rules for selecting the perfect pebble. There truly is an art to this scavenger expedition. The most important rule of all, no one can do it for you! Little Miss Independent, G-bean really took to that rule.

On Saturday, the natives at our house were restless. G-bean & I decided to take our trusty 4 legged friend Jack to the dog park for some good old fashioned rock hunting. I quickly found out there could quite possibly be more than 1 perfect rock. Perhaps there could be 20 perfect rocks. Needless to say, the bag got heavy and the little lady got tired. Note to self, bring a wheelbarrow next time.

Thank goodness I already found my Rock, because he wouldn't fit in the bag.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

april, you are the only mom I know who has the patience to take her child "rock hunting". you are right..you got your rock quite some time ago and he is a "gem" if i do say so myself!

Brooke said...

That is one of the great things about Rocky. You can use his name in other ways. Scott? Other than great Scott!! I have yet to use his name as a pun! Merry Christmas!