Friday, March 21, 2008

Tonsil Tango

In preparation for teenage girls, we had G-bean's tonsils removed. Now we don't have to worry about teenage boys and tonsil hockey! Just kidding. In reality, our sweet little girl snored louder than a chainsaw and packed tonsils the size of ping pong balls.

Thursday we made the dreaded trip to the hospital for G-bean's surgery. I thought that I was prepared, calm and collected. After working there for several years, I knew the drill and the people. It would be an in and out operation- literally! Not so. As I watched them pull away my firstborn in a little red wagon, I lost it. I did what every other parent did, cried and ate a stale bagel while staring at the fish tank. I am not a crier! Leave it to general anesthesia to bring out my emotional side. Don't worry, I pulled it together. And an our later, G-bean was kicking back root beer slushies with the best of them! Kids are so resilient!

Now she is enjoying her diet of Popsicles and Princesses. Yep, for the next 2 weeks we are quarantined. I have a feeling that soft foods and "shows" might get a little old. But until then, I'll enjoy the afternoon snuggles & movies. Thank goodness there are 3 different Cinderella movies.

5 comments:

Em N. said...

WHAT??? I had NO idea this was happening. Hope all is going well with the recovery. I'm sure E is a great little nurse. Let's talk soon. In the meantime, squeeze the tonsil-less red head.

Brooke said...

What a sweet picture of G! We love her, I hope she's doing well. How is the quarntine? Cabin fever yet? I. has asked to play with her a couple of times. We need to go to the park as soon as she can! I got a little sun today!

Posh Ideas said...

Oh so sad! Glad to hear she's recovering well. As tough as us mother's claim to be I have the hardest time with anything medical involving my children!

Amy said...

Hi April! Your blogs always have a way of making me laugh and cry at the same time (and I'm not a crier either). Good luck with the quarantine. I hope the throw up smell has aired out of R's car by now! Love, Amy Clegg

Kristen said...

oh man! i would have lost it for SURE! as you know I AM a crier. She looks so sweet! We are glad she is okay!