Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Merely Mortal

Do you ever have those moments when you think to yourself "I am good"! Days where your energy surpasses Richard Simmons and your productivity exceeds a buzzing beehive. You don't mean to toot your own horn, but...TOOT! You contemplate changing your license plate to 'Miss Thang'. You feel like a superhero on pixie sticks. You almost hope the neighbor's cat gets stuck in a tree just so you can use one more power.

Well, today is not one of those days. I woke up feeling every inch the mortal that I am. How does one explain that to children, because the dark glasses and bathrobe in the middle of the afternoon aren't sending the message. How about "Kids, mommy's cape is at the dry cleaners. You are going to have to settle for Lois Lane today. Mommy will be moving slower and ignoring unreasonable demands and whiny voices. Maybe you could go watch Martha Stewart for a few hours and make a list of things for mommy to do when she regains her superpowers." Yeah right!

So how do I get my mojo back?! Any suggestions that don't involve a barrel full of diet coke (YUCK!), a riding whip, spandex unitard, narcotics, bottle rockets in my back pockets or Mexican jumping beans?

8 comments:

Kate said...

The sun! Yeah it finally came out. Put your kids outside and plant your cute little butt on a chair and let the sun soak in... hope you get your mojo back.

Kristen said...

welcome back to reality! glad to know someone else is livin' in it!

Allie said...

I think it is called Mexico-let-down. I woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed and looking for anything that would boost my spirit. Couldn't we just have stayed another week.

joni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joni said...

joni said...
These are the days you want to call yourself George!
Where is the stunt double when I need him??
I can understand the feeling. Hang in... you are amazing!! xoxo Jones

Elise said...

Dang. I was going to suggest the Mexican jumping beans : ) Um. Take a nap? Then wake up and make yourself accomplish at least ONE thing... That's what I do : ) I'm sure you'll be back to super strength tomorrow!

go boo boo said...

love your post. we need the sun and some more park days, and the tulips are coming! I hope you get your mojo back (they can't be too far away!)

Brooke said...

I hate when the mojo decides to take a vacation. Maybe it stayed behind in Mexico? Maybe it wanted to acquire some Mexican hot tub folliculitis? I made up a new rule. You need the same amount of days to recover from a vacation that you were on the vacation. (I hope that makes sense seeing as how I'm writing this at 3am!)