Thursday, October 25, 2007

Earl Had To Die












A few weeks ago, we had a chicken-napping. It was a crime of passion and poultry. Earl #1 flew the coop sending Jack into a tailspin. He stopped listening to the Dixie Chicks.

At about 10pm last night, there was a peck at the door. Lo and behold, it was Earl #2. Jack couldn't have been more delighted. It was a joyous reunion for both man and bird. After exchanging pleasantries and giving him a few squeaks, the true story came out. Earl #1 was plucked from our midst and shredded by David Bowie and Samwise Gamgee. I bet you are wondering how an 80's rockstar and a hobbit joined forces to pull off such a caper? They didn't. The true culprits were the neighbors dogs aka 'Bowie' and 'Sam'.
Thank goodness Jack has a short memory. He is so thrilled to see that bird in any way, shape or form, he didn't notice that Earl #2 is a much larger, greasier version with a new tatoo on his right wing. Look who's squeaking now?!

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy
"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size. Because, I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some really good ideas."

3 comments:

Brooke said...

At first I thought that Jack had napped one of Tausha's chickens! That would have been hilarious! Although sad for Tausha, I know she's kinda attached. I love Jack.

CB Miller said...

Reading this is a wonderful reminder of what a HILARIOUSLY funny roomie I had. Love it. Here's to Earl.

go boo boo said...

I had to read this 3 times before I got it (it is me, not you, I didn't see the picture since I was using the 'reader'). I loved your sit and be fit entry - so me right now - what is the deal with fall and baked goods?