Monday, October 15, 2007

Sit & Be Fit


The best time to start eating healthy and working out is when you have a house full of baked goods. It's like looking the devil square in the eye.

It's Monday, the day that I start my new and improved healthy lifestyle. I have been saying that I will start for several weeks, but today is truly the day. R took the bull by the horns and started last week. Frankly, I think he's trying to become the better looking partner. So first thing this morning while he was out jogging, I suited up. Two can play at this game.

Why am I doing this? Well my whole sit and be fit regimen wasn't working, so WHY NOT? Actually there are several motivating factors. First and foremost, I want to get dressed without having to strategically tuck in loose parts. In a weak moment, I bought a girdle which looks like Bridget Jone's giant underpants. Have you ever seen a uni-roll?! Second, I need to take better care of me in a way that doesn't involve chocolate. Third, I get to surround myself by sweaty musclemen and catch up on dirty magazines (celebrity smut) at the gym. No kids allowed! Fourth, I am truly tempted to purchase a road bike. (Slow down Brooke, don't wait outside of my house on your bike at 6am just yet). I have to find my lungs, legs, and inner Lance Armstrong. Fifth, ski season is upon us and this year I am not pregnant (WOOHOO!). Plus, I am a sucker for moguls. Sixth, I am challenging myself to do the unexpected...I am thinking of doing a triathlon next summer with R, my mom & sisters. It's never too early to learn how to swim, run, ride a bike and grow a competitive spirit, right?

My public plea is this, do not tempt me. Do not drop off baked goods. If you must leave something, let it be broccoli. Do not offer to give me a ride when I am out running, no matter how painful it looks. Slap my hand if I reach for something naughty, but do not slap my butt like fellow athletes. I will be too sore and it will hurt. Feel free to tell me how good I look, even if you see no change. I am one of "those" who look for results the first day. Lastly, I will need you to remind me why I am doing this...

8 comments:

Allie said...

You make me smile!!! Everything you write I can hear you say in my head. Good luck and hopefully I'll be in good enough shape to run with you in Mexico. (that is if we go).

Kate said...

I am sure part of your motivation and energy comes from your previous blog (the milking cow is out of order?) I am hoping that when I am out of order that I will regain some energy to get up at the crack of dawn and work on my behind.... I keep trying to get jumped started and then I have a bad night with the baby and kicks my butt. Good luck and if I forget how great you look, remind me.

Kristen said...

I am on my 3rd week of faithfully working out at the gym and am seeing NO results other than some pretty dang sore muscles. My problem is I work out and then come home and think, "wow I worked out today so I can afford to eat that and then I will just break even!" I told Brooke and Tausha that we are going to plan a mom's ski day this year! I will not be doing moguls though!

Elise said...

Oh. This sounds like the countdown to shat your pants day... remember that? Damn did you look good : ) He he he. You still look great, but it is fun to start a "new year's resolution" early. I know you can do whatever you put your mind to... You're A!

chiggidy said...

Hi April! Long story how I found your blog, but suffice it to say it's fun to see what you and Rocky have been up to :-) You're kids are darling and I love your writing! Hope all is well and talk to you soon!

Courtnie

Molly Koch said...

I saw you guys on Chads blog and had to say hi. April you had me laughing out loud. Since our "newbie" kids are the same age- seems like we must look the same. I got some extra junk in the trunk- not that I ever needed any there!! and some sag everywhere else. Ugh! I haven't stopped the milk yet.. I am afraid to do it and see the results. Even with the milk i am barely a B.... what will I be later :( I am hoping at least an A- but I won't count on it. sounds like all is well- great to see what you are up to!! tell rock hello. Molly (lehto) Koch

Brooke said...

I am torn in half reading your post. Half of me is mourning the loss of a baking buddy. The other half is soooo excited!!!! I won't try to get too ecstatic about the road bike comment. Although, it would mean the world to me if you would ride or go swim with me. (ha ha, am I pulling your heart strings yet?) I may even be able to get over the fact that you're ditching me for healthier culinary delights. We just need to figure out how to bake healthy. Or does that take all of the fun out of it? I digress. Best wishes to you and your fitness routine, I thinks its awesome! And by the way, you already look great!

sadie said...

okay, let me first say that i feel kind of bad blogstalking. but i was on another blog and saw on the right column "april and rocky". i mean how many of those can there be? i was so happy to see pics of your cute family and read a little tidbit about your lives. please tell rocky hi for me.
sadie clissold bergstrom