Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Countdown Continues

Oh how the line up on my nightstand has changed. What once was a stack of literary works and mindless magazines has been replaced by baby propaganda. The starring line up: What to Expect When you are Expecting (no time like the present to start reading up on what has happened to my body the past 9 months); Pregnancy Journal ("Dear Diary, it's been a while since I have written and seen my feet...); Baby name books (such pressure- my latest fav "Barakwell"- ha!); and Babywise (my dummies guide for newborns). What I really need is a book that is called What to Expect when you are done Expecting and in Way Over your Head! Yeesh!

In other related news, I am now visiting with the doc weekly. This truly is a sign of the countdown. You know that old adage about always leaving your house in clean underwear just in case you get in an accident or in my case have an accident. Well here are a few additions to the list...always leave your house in clean skivvies (pack a backup in case you sneeze), be well groomed (shaved legs included), a pair of galoshes (in case your water breaks), toenails painted (must look stylin' in stirrups), tasty snacks (hate to miss a meal), and a suitcase (for your deductible sponsored trip to the hospital). Mind you, this is all just in case. Exciting isn't it? Now I know why I couldn't hack the girl scouts. There is too much work involved in 'always being prepared'.

In the long run when push comes to push, none of these things will be as important as the drugs...and girl scouts don't pack those door to door! Believe me, epidurals trump thin mints!

No comments: