Thursday, January 8, 2009

Notes From The Underbelly

There is this place which I have dubbed the
"Bermuda Triangle". It's an elusive area- nothing gets around it. Nothing covers it. Nothing can be seen past it. Any guesses? Yep, it's the bottom of my burgeoning belly.

I no longer have a skinny leg to stand on when it comes to telling my girls not to wear belly shirts. Throughout the day, each shirt shimmies it's way to mid belly and then stops. G-bean either finds it hysterical or concerning the way my clothes fit. E just thinks it's great that she can easily locate my belly button (if you can call it that). It looks like a turkey timer these days. I on the other hand find myself wearing more and more of R's clothing. There is nothing wrong with wearing his sweats in public right? Repeatedly? Mid afternoon?

With 5 weeks to go, the white flag is up! I have surrendered to stretchy pants and men's clothing. According to the books, I have traded my sashay for a waddle. And according to me, I am having an out of body experience (or a trapped in body experience). Either way, it's no longer mine. I hope to reclaim what's left of it in February. Until then, my Bermuda Triangle will continue to defy the law of physics and clothing.


**Congrats to all my fellow pregos who have already popped! I hope to join you in the stirrups soon!

5 comments:

Em N. said...

It's fine to wear the sweats mid-day, as long as they are the kind with a drawstring and elastic ankles.
I LOOOOVE your belly and can't wait to see it again in person, very soon! Next week perhaps? xoxo

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

Ok I love this post....I just barely posted my materinity woes! Congrats and good luck!

Ritch in Love said...

I can't believe only 5 weeks! And what a beautiful pic!

Unknown said...

It is totally fine to wear whatever you want! Good luck with the last few weeks. I promise baby is harder outside the belly than inside.

Elise said...

A. Honestly, your blog is my favorite. Every time I read it I laugh and thing of my adorable and wonderful friend and sister. Thanks for taking the time to post. It always makes my day! So do you know if its a boy or girl?