Saturday, January 31, 2009

To Rest or Nest, that is the Question

I need to be stopped. At this point, all the books are saying "put your feet up" and "save up your energy for the delivery". I am here to tell you it's a farce! I wish I could lay about and cozy up to a tub of ice cream, but it just ain't happening. I am in hyper drive! I have been nesting like it's going out of style. Let me give you some examples. In the past few days, I have ironed all the pillow cases in our house; organized & labeled my kids closets; re-framed several pictures; reupholstered a bench; painted a bed; froze 3 casseroles; detailed the car; took down the Christmas lights; hung drapes; and laundered everything that holds still long enough for me to get my hands on it. I've got problems. And so does R, because his "honey-do" list never stops. I need a padded room or a sedative...or both.

Can this maniac be stopped? Who knows? All I know it my world is about to be rocked by a newborn, but at least I'll have pressed pillowcases.

4 comments:

Steenbliks said...

You make me laugh! I wish I was doing as much as you are. I did clean out all the bathroom cabinets/shelves ohhh and the medicine cabinet this morning but I have closets, floorboards and showers to clean. My biggest fear is that things will get dirty before the baby comes. Goodluck...don't have a breakdown before the big day!

KT Reeves Steenblik

Unknown said...

Slow your roll! Get some rest! When is the baby due?

Posh Ideas said...

I have a love hate relationship with nesting. I love how ambitious I become trying to conquer projects I've put off forever (linen closets, pantry etc) but I drive myself, and my whole household nuts until everything is ship shape. Good luck these next few weeks I can't wait to meet the little man! I should steal your girls for a play date Eliza was so dissapointed that at our recent football party Nona Jolynn's girls weren't there :(

My3Sons said...

April... Love the picture!
Just think, cleaning everything could be your version of a work out!