Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week 36: Belly Laughs

In pregnancy and life, one must have a sense of humor. At this stage, it is the one thing that I exercise regularly. Each day when I dress this figure o' mine, I find myself giggling at the images that come to mind. Today for instance, I wriggled myself into a fresh pair of sweat pants and a shirt that makes me look like a wedding mint. Oh this shirt is a doozy! One of those that you scoff at in the beginning of your pregnancy because you will never be that desperate. I am clearly past desperation and just hoping to cover crucial parts. Back to the shirt that launched a blog entry. It's sea foam (a real color palate pleaser). The last time I wore this color, I was seasick. It has fabulous ruching and drawstrings on the side. Now I don't have clearance to fly at this stage, but I am fairly certain that given the opportunity to jump out of a plane I could pull those ripcords and my shirt would double as a parachute!

Function has surpassed style...here's to looking fine in 2009!

3 comments:

Em N. said...

yeah, excuse me but I think that was mine? officially offended!
he he! can't wait to see you!

Kate said...

you look adorable!!! Can't wait to hear about #3 (it is another girl, right?)

chipsgirls said...

I personally think that shirt is cute and big tummies are cool!!Evem if you're not pregnant anymore right??? What's not cool is when you are not pregnant and you still have to wear those beautiful maternity clothes. This too shall pass...