Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The little man has finally arrived!! He made his debut on Sunday, February 15th at 6:33pm. He was a dashing 7 lbs & 12 oz and a lengthy 20 inches long. All went well with delivery and first week of life. I have found a cure for sleep deprivation. If I alternate holding one eye lid closed during the day, it counts as sleep. It pretty much looks like I am giving the stink eye, but I do feel somewhat refreshed after. The girls are doting big sisters and enjoy holding (mauling) baby brother. G-bean told me that the baby smiles like George Washington. E's response is "ooohhh cute!" or "baby yock long nap". R is enjoying some extra testosterone in the house. Already they have taken in several basketball games and golf tournaments together.

We are withholding pictures, because we thought we'd pull a Suri Cruise. We are going to wait until we get a Vanity Fair spread to introduce him to the world. Just kidding. I am having trouble downloading pictures. It's a 50% technical issue and a 50% mom is not functioning on all cylinders issue. Don't worry, R the IT guy is on it. Pictures to come.

10 comments:

Beyondpeasncarrots said...

Congratulations April! We will be joining you in a few months with #2...I may need your council shortly :) Take care

CB Miller said...

YAY!!! Congrats! Happy syink eye naps (at least you don't smell like Lipton soup!) . Great to see you still have your fabulous wit intact, too!

CB Miller said...

oops... stink not syink

Ritch in Love said...

All our love and warm wishes to your family! What an exciting time for all of you! Congratulations!

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I can't wait to see the little man. Hope you are feeling well...

Jack/Gooz said...

Jack was 7 pounds, 12 ounces!!!! Adam and I were so confused as to why they didn't just say 8 pounds (since there are only 12 ounces in a pound, right?) That's what happens when you give birth at 1am without an eppy.

Do we at least get a name????

How long till we can visit?

I'm so happy for you guys. You're the best April - way to reproduce!!!

Fancy Pants said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see some pics! I am digging your idea of the stink eye naps and think I may give them a try!! I hope all is well for you guys!!!

Loves!!!

Molly Koch said...

congrats congrats!! i am so happy he is out. so much better than in! i hope you are feeling good- sounds like all went well. can't wait for some pics of the little guy- glad he is catching up on the games with R- i am guessing he is doing it with two eyes closed though :) lots of love to you guys!

Chelsa said...

Congrats! Welcome to the life of CRAZY mom! You will love having a boy. Hope you're feeling well.

Brooke said...

He is so sweet! I have a little girl friend who can't wait to meet him. Give me about three months! You look absolutely fabulous, by the way! You make me more optimistic for how I'll feel when the baby comes. Hope to see you tonight!