Thursday, February 5, 2009

Week 38- Karma

The heavens have a sense of humor. This time the joke is on me. I have been talking a pretty good game about being ready to deliver baby #3. Lately, I have felt like I am living my life in a waiting room. I am going stir crazy waiting for everything to change and wanting to get to work on life with 3 kiddos. Delusional right? Well, that is where my insanity has stopped. I have yet to take drastic measures or attempt any hair brain wives tales (besides the inflatables). Believe me, at this stage there is no end to the advice one receives on expediting delivery. Suggestions of wild mushroom pizza, swinging on swings, eating a specific salsa, Castor oil cocktails, spicy food, new age massages, sex (hello- that's what got me into this mess), jumping on a trampoline, hiking, etc. Pick your poison.

Well after my weekly meet & greet with the doctor, I have made little progress. Pretty much my uterus is a steel trap. Although that was not her official diagnosis that is what I heard. Discouraged, I spent my drive home pondering which supposed labor inducing technique I should try. Perhaps I could massage my back with salsa while downing a Castor oil cocktail in between jumps on the trampoline with a spot of curry rubbed behind my ears followed by a hike to the hospital. Brilliant!

This is where the humor comes in...Upon waking up the next morning, my kids have colds and Miss E has the flu. So far, the score today is 4 rounds of retching, 5 outfit changes for E, 3 outfit changes for mom, 4 loads of laundry, and endless amounts of Clorox. Do I want to have this baby right now? Nope. I'll wait another week.

3 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

Maybe all this waiting means he's going to be a very patient kid. :)

Amy said...

At least you have your humor to see you through!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

Just wanted to say good luck here in the next few days.... I believe take off is set for the 15th! I finally scheduled mine for the 19th and I you describe exactly how I feel..... by far my favorite blog of the century! Best wishes for a speedy deivery and healthy little muffin :)