Monday, February 11, 2008

My Girls








TADA! G-bean has broken the world record for wardrobe changes. She now changes her clothes a minimum of 5 times a day. We were hoping to temper that by threatening to make her do her own laundry. Her response was pure panic, horror and then she needed to go change again while she "thought about it". She is obsessed with hair. She wants long hair, because princesses have long hair (along with most of her friends). All of her stick figures have quite the manes. The other day mid-meltdown and out of the blue, she blurted out "I want to marry K. You told me I had to marry a boy- it's K and I love him." AHHHHH! Newsflash, aren't you a little too young to be thinking about this? She is giving us a glimpse of what she will be like as a teenager... borderline SCARY. She actually told R not to "freak out". Another favorite "It's just my problem Dad, I do what I want to do". Other than that, princess underpants reign supreme along with playing with friends, the color pink, band aids, Backyardigans, pigtails, climbing & jumping off of furniture, carrying E (big No-No), and macaroni and cheese. I love that she dons a Sleeping Beauty dress by day and sleeps with a Spiderman light by night. One of my favorite things about G-bean is her passion for fashion and life. She is who she is. She plays hard, loves hard, sleeps hard and starts all over again the next day.

E is officially walking and will soon be breaking landspeed records. Her little walk reminds me of Curious George minus the agile tree climbing skills. She has discovered babies and purses (not by my design). It's purely a function of having an older sister. She loves phones. She walks around with a phone to her ear saying "HI" (she doesn't get that from me either). She has been kind enough to greet me the past few mornings with a beaming smile and an explosive diaper. It definitely curbs my enthusiam for morning snuggles while totally grossing out R & G-bean, but how can I resist the little imp. She has become very busy. She pushes furniture around the house, unloads cupboards, and attempts to get her hands on everything & anything she shouldn't. She has a pretty good success rate due to her persistance and determination. She is also querky. She smiles as if she has an inside joke or hisses while giving you the stink eye. I'm convinced that I have seen E roll her eyes when G-bean is having a diva moment. Recently, she has learned to give kisses and gives them freely without discrimination (just ask Jack). It should make me nervous, but I love to hear my girls giggling wildly from another room. In the picture, they are loading up the jogger because G-bean has offered to take E on a trip around the world. E's job is to check the tires (with her teeth). My favorite thing about E would be her adventurous spirit and hands-on approach to life. No task is too small or too gross for the little one.

Well, that is our growing brood...each with their own attitude.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

you are enjoying your girls so much. you really have a good balance in your life and take time to enjoy the moment and treasure the small things. you are a good example to me.

Brooke said...

I love your girls. G-bean cracks me up! I love the undress and dress as many times as possible in an hour. I think E is the bomb! She is so cute! She's always so good for me. Just remember to tell her that she is betrothed!