Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Month of Love


Do you ever find yourself looking at your spouse across the great abyss of children, responsibilities and commitments thinking, I MISS YOU. I miss us! Do you remember when we were two crazy kids in love ready to take on the world? Now we are two tired grown-ups lucky to make it to the evening news. Don't get me wrong, I love this life we have created. We make a great Batman & Robin, Good cop/ Bad cop, Ron & Veronica (Anchorman reference), but when do we make time to just be R & A?

This is the month of love by-golly. We need to act like it. I am not asking for flower petals sprinkled to the bedroom or candlelight dinners in the buff. All I want is a date. Treat me like a LADY (and not your cleaning lady). I'm not looking for a longterm committment, been there done that. Let's just make a little time so that we stop missing each other... and continue falling in love.

My proposal is this... let's date like those two crazy kids, fog up some windows, and be home by 10pm to relieve the babysitter (and watch the news).

2 comments:

Kate said...

SO cute... and I am totally with you! That is a great reminder.

Kristen said...

you and rocky are a great couple. it's easy to get away from that "love" huh?