Sunday, February 17, 2008

Table for 2



Well people, I had myself a date Saturday night! Yes siree! I had been fantasizing about it quite a bit lately. Eventhough my husband doesn't read my blog, he finally got the message... "Happy Wife= Happy Life." Translation, R took me out on the town.

It was quite romantical (G-bean lingo). We actually had things to talk about (don't laugh). When you dust off your dating duds and decide that it's okay to sit at a table for 2, I start to get nervous. Will we have anything to talk about after work & kids or will we be that couple eating in awkward silence? Will I remember how to behave in an adult setting? One time I actually asked R if he needed to go potty before we left the house (Yikes!). Never fear, we had a million things to talk about. Things that don't normally get addressed while wrangling midgets and slinging slop. It was refreshing to remember that I have an opinion about the world, politics, Hillary Clinton's pant suits, religion, travel, etc. I don't think that Thai food is a truth serum, but it sure did the trick. R might have even made googley eyes (also G-bean lingo) at me.

Next it was off to a movie. Not only did it turn out to be an entertaining flick, but we also had great seats & tasty treats. Yep, my man showered me with peanut M&M's. It was a true test to my "mommy attention span" aka ADD to sit still for 2 hours and focus. But I was captivated and not just by my candy. To top it off, we did not recieve one frantic call from the babysitter with baby in background practicing higher octaves. SUCCESS!
It doesn't take much to dazzle me these days. Just an evening away from kids and time with R to make me feel like a LADY and not someone's mother.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Okay, #1 who was the babysitter?
#2 what movie did you see? #3 What do you think of Hillary's pant suits? P.S. I hate that uncomfortable question of whether you can still carry on a real conversation with your husband. So hard after having kids!

Kristen said...

how funny that i just sent you guys a marriage article BEFORE reading april's blog. there is nothing like a GOOD date with your hubby. alan and i had a great valentines date. nothing special..porcupine and target but sometimes it's nice to just talk huh? sometimes that's hard for me because as you know big al is a man of few words!

Kate said...

it sounds like you had fun! What movie did you see?? I am always looking for a decent movie Josh & I can see together...

go boo boo said...

I just caught up on your last 4 blogs...they are fantastic! So there with you on the date with only the 2 of you!

CB Miller said...

Aripple - when is your book being published?! I am craving some Aripple and her entourage memoirs!!! Continue to love your blog!

Elise said...

Love it and couldn't be more true. Chris and I had our 8th and headed out on the town. I can't believe how wonderful it was. So good, in fact, that we are now doing it at least twice a month. It has been wonderful!